Guest Wireless Access Acceptable Use Policy
This is the acceptable use policy of the Senate network facilities and services (Services). Any individual connected to the Senate network in order to use it directly, or to connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy and the stated purposes and Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used.
The following policies will be applied to determine whether or not a particular use of the Services is appropriate:
- Users must respect the privacy of others. Users shall not intentionally seek information on, or represent themselves as, another user unless explicitly authorized to do so by that user. Nor shall Users obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to others.
- Users must respect the integrity of other public or private computing and network systems. Users shall not intentionally develop or use programs that harass other users or infiltrate any other computer, computing system or network and/or damage or alter the software components or file systems of a computer, computing system or network.
- Use of the Services for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is not acceptable.
- The Services may not be used in ways that violate applicable laws or regulations, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, licensure and other proprietary rights.
- The Services may not be used in a manner that precludes or significantly hampers network access by others. Nor may the Services be used in a manner that significantly impairs access to other networks connected to the Senate network.
- Connections which create routing patterns that are inconsistent with the effective and shared use of the Services may not be established.
- Unsolicited advertising is not acceptable. Advertising is permitted on some Web pages, mailing lists, news groups and similar environments if advertising is explicitly allowed in that environment.
- Repeated, unsolicited and/or unwanted communication of an intrusive nature is strictly prohibited.
- Use of the Senate Services is entirely at your own risk. The Michigan Senate shall not be liable for any damage that may occur to any computer, peripheral equipment, storage media. loss of data, loss of confidential information, unauthorized access to or alteration of data transmissions, and/or any other direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages resulting from or arising out of the use of the Senate Services, wireless network, and/or electronic information resources or inability to use these Services, or any other matter relating to these Services.
- By logging on, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Michigan Senate, its members, officers, agents, and employees for any claim or demand, that may be made by any third party due to or arising out of your conduct in connection with the use of the Services, wireless network, and electronic information resources; your provision of content; your violation of the policies or any other violation of rights of another person or party.
- The intent of this policy is to identify certain types of uses that are not appropriate, but this policy does not necessarily enumerate all possible inappropriate uses. Using the policies given above, the Senate may at any time make a determination that a particular use is not appropriate.
Violation of these policies may result in the loss of access. Unlawful activities will be dealt with in an appropriate manner.
You must accept above acceptable use policy to continue.